Django is a high-level web framework for building web applications using the Python programming language. It is designed to be fast, secure, and scalable, and is used by many large and popular websites such as Instagram, Pinterest, and Mozilla.
Django provides a lot of features and tools to help developers build web applications quickly and efficiently. Some of its key features include:
- Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) for interacting with databases
- URL routing and request handling
- HTML template system for rendering dynamic web pages
- Form handling and validation
- Authentication and authorization mechanisms
- Built-in admin interface for managing site content
Django follows the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern and emphasizes the “Don’t Repeat Yourself” (DRY) principle. It also supports a wide range of third-party packages and plugins that can extend its functionality even further.
Overall, Django is a powerful and flexible framework that makes it easy to build complex web applications quickly and efficiently using Python.